Welcome Fellow Ghost Riders! You are officially a rider on the hypnotic ghost…and it’s Force 10 again!
So if you’re into being your best, this is exactly the place to be! So pull up your RCA radio, ’cause he we go…These are days of victory!
Check out the show notes below while you’re listening. Keep sending us topic suggestions and show feedback. We love hearing from all of you!
Here are the show notes from this episode
- Mike mentions that it’s almost Groundhog Day. Woo hoo!
- Let your unconscious mind let one or more of the following to begin to change your life…
- Chris gives a fairly interesting seed and vegetable metaphor
- There’s some stuff comin’ up: MINDSCAPING Certification and Melissa Tiers in May. Plan to attend all three!
- Hurrah to our new friend, Robert Smith, the creator of Faster EFT! See you in Las Vegas…
- Take out the trash before you build the new house!
- Email discussed. Chris explains the intervention should be earlier in the communication. Interrupt your own pattern! Mike gives the John Grinder quote as a solution. How am I exquisitely maintaining this behaviour?
- The Silent Treatment is passive aggression! Don’t do it.
- Go when you can, not when you have to, and keep the communication lines open.
- What you permit, you promote! Good one, Al!
- Mike calls Chris’ girls “Sentica and Voralaya” which is brilliant!
- The Ontario Government’s ridiculous video. Here’s the link:
- It’s SO BAD! Fail, fail, fail. It’s worse than try. It almost commands failure.
- Mike tells you how to quit smoking and it’s 100% successful! Stop. There is no other way.
- These things we recommend are things we actually do! They’ll work for you too…
- Chris built his schema and Mike is creaking the chair but admits it, so it’s okay.
- The Magic Question: What do you want out of life? How will you know when you have it?
- What needs to change in your life? What have you been procrastinating about?
- Procrastinate later! Do it with alacrity. Do the worse stuff first!
- Procrastinate in a positive sense.
- What relationship needs work? What will you do about it? Who will you fire if they become toxic in your life?
- Be honest with yourself. What are the old tape loops you run? Mike tells about a guy who was “extremely dickish” and loved even bad attention.
- STOP! Push the picture away and replace the thought.
- Check out The Anti Anxiety Toolkit by Melissa Tiers!
- Are there any fires to put out? Do you have any blind spots?
- Chris and Mike discuss one of Newton’s Laws of Motion. Stop the sliding, negative momentum in your life! Put the brakes on NOW!
- Take a personal inventory. Be honest and aware!
- Health is hard to get back, despite our resilience. The death rate is still one per person.
- Deletion, Distortion and Generalization. The Magic Number 7 plus or minus 2…
- Autopilot can be a dangerous thing, especially if it’s driving you into the ground!
- Suppression and repression. It’s an intervention, Chris! Here come Oprah and Eckhert Tolle!
- Chris stacks the negatives. Mike makes a new backwater stupid sound.
- Wyn was SO negative! There won’t even be a parking spot.
- Chris mutes his computer and Mike goes back to the stupid droning backwater sound as a protest.
- Help tune the RAS to focus on the target state.
Gus Grissom Update: Spotted in Rio by Roger Frenulum at the Zardoz Punk and Metal festival!
- Evaluate! Who else will benefit from the changes you make? Use the Add/Remove Protocol…
- Mike can be heard quietly saying “Sure…sure…” like Derek Balmer used to.
- Use questions that are inline with your key values in life. Layer in the presuppositions too!
- What’s next? This is a really powerful question.
- Everybody has something to offer! How will you give back to others? It’s great therapy to get our minds off ourselves!
- ONWARD is working for Mike. MANAGEMENT is working for Chris too!
- You can begin to unconsciously notice all kinds of things…
- Learn your Enneagram type. Self-knowledge is very powerful…
Empowering Question: What key piece of information did I hear in this podcast that I’m absolutely going to make work for me today?
Empowering Metaphor: The skipped third course at the South Indian restaurant…
Ending: Ghost Riders on the Storm!
Here are the lyrics, so you can sing along:
Ghost Riders on the Storm
A hypnotist went ridin’ out one dark and windy night
He put a subject in a trance and then he said: “That’s right…”
When all at once a mighty herd of script-readers he saw
A ploughing through the ragged sky and up the cloudy draw
Their brands were still on fire and their hooves were made of steel
They were boppin’ in the beater, and singin’ songs by Seal
And with them rode Dave Elman, and Jerry Kein as well…
He saw the riders closin’ in… and he heard their mournful yell
Don’t be a dick…(echo)
Don’t be a dick…(echo)
Ghost riders on the storm
Their faces gaunt, their eyes were blurred, their shirts all soaked with sweat
They’re tryin’ hard to catch Mandel, but they ain’t caught him yet
‘Cause Chris and Jeff are ridin’ on that storm up in the sky
On horses snortin’ fire (Is that possible?)
And we hear their battle cry…
Don’t be a dick…(echo)
Don’t be a dick…(echo) Ghost riders on the storm- We are at work right now…(Chris freestyle chanting)
Please leave a rating in iTunes, and send us your questions for future episodes! You can either email them as text or record them using your phone’s voice recorder and email us the audio file! Email address is info(at)mikemandelhypnosis.com
Important Links and Reminders:
We discussed the best hypnosis conference in the world, Hypnothoughts Live, which you can get details about here: HTLive website
We are teaching MINDSCAPING as a pre-conference course in Las Vegas. You can get details on that and all other live events at our events page
Registration is open for our May and June 2018 Architecture of Hypnosis training in Toronto.The May class has very limited space left, June is starting to fill up now.