Welcome to Episode 63 of Brain Software with Mike Mandel and Chris Thompson! Testing…testing…testicule! We are back in Toronto, and are riding the very crest of the nexus of the cathexis of the Hypnotic Sturm und Drang…and we’re doing it for you. Check out mikemandelhypnosis.com for more info on what we’re up to.
Here are the show notes for this episode:
- Mike is the very font of logicicity. You need language for logic! Proof vs. evidence.
- Beware the Kripkean dogmatist! The ultimate in closed mindedness and confirmation bias.
- Anecdotal evidence? It doesn’t mean it’s not true.
- When is logic unnecessary? Hypnosis! Trance bypasses logic.
- Trance logic and M.T. Ornee at the University of Pennsylvania, and cognitive dissonance.
- Experiments and social compliance.
- PGO Spikes and humour, shock, texting and car crashes.
- Evidence? We didn’t do the research so there isn’t any.
- Instant inductions are all the rage! Dealing with refractory subjects through repetition of the same technique?
- Gil Boyne: The Master of the instant induction. http://www.gilboyneonline.com/
- The No TV Challenge! Any takers?
- The graphology course has been and gone, and been recorded on video. It will be a product soon!
- Alan Turing, graphology, alternate sexuality, and the Turing Test.
- The Straw Man Fallacy! Mike says that James Randi can bite his wand, and challenges him to a street fight. If Randi loses and Mike chokes him out, Randi’s a lousy debunker, because he couldn’t debunk Mike’s British Jiu Jitsu.
- Speak Pipe question from a guy called Chris, regarding handshakes and subtly transmitted information. Mike answers, invoking Dave Elman. Eye engagement and firm thumb pressure are the key. We need to do a video on this!
- Empowering question: What’s next?
- Therapeutic Metaphor: The Garden of the Senses.
Wacky ending: The Honey Hallmark Show! She’s got frizzy red hair and she drives a school bus, and she’s obsessed with greeting cards!
Please leave a rating for the show in iTunes, and send in your questions by emailing info (at) MikeMandelHypnosis (dot) com.
Remember to check out this blog post on pre-hypnotic work.