Welcome to Episode 61 of Brain Software with Mike Mandel and Chris Thompson! The hypnotic storm that we caused is still raging! For more information on how to ride the hypnotic storm, rather than being swept away by it, check out the Mike Mandel Hypnosis Academy and join the growing cadre of Hypnotic Storm Riders, worldwide!
Here are the show notes for this episode:
- Mike has been oil pulling! He has the gums of a man half his age…
- Vegas is approaching! Mike and Chris will be in “Lost Wages Nevada” for Hypnothoughts Live!
- No doctorates in clinical hypnosis! Just scam organizations…
- People get angry when forcibly educated
- Hypnotic illiteracy is everywhere. No apology!
- Critical Faculty vs. Critical Factor! Does it matter? Yes.
- The November 2015 Architecture of Hypnosis class had 8 spots left when we recorded the podcast but is now sold out, but get on the waiting list in case someone cancels or for early bird notification of the next class in May 2016.
- The double-bind of forcing people to repent or keep saying it incorrectly!
- Find another teacher? Hyperbole! Lighten up folks!
- Mike uses “agave” instead of “argument”
- Mike institutes the Bag of Pykthos Award! Mike taken to task? NOT!
- Somnambulism is the working state of hypnosis. No light trances please!
- Fractionation, not refractionation, or fractionalizationalism!
- Dave Elman’s brilliant extrapolation on Bernheim’s work
- Looking forward to meeting the Elmans in Las Vegas
- Heteroaction vs Homoaction (It was Weitzenhoffer, Mike didn’t make it up)
- Suggestibility tests are purely to build heteroaction
- Storm Rider Justin and the stuck candle holder
- Convincers are not suggestibility tests! Convincers ratify trance.
- “You can’t see what you’re not looking for…” – Derek Balmer
- Calibrate and notice shifts happening…it makes your work easier.
- Utilization vs Incorporation
- Catalepsy is concomitant with trance. Eyes don’t get stuck together!
- Hypnotic phenomena occur naturally, without being suggested
- Calibration – That which most hypnotists fail to do…
- Blanket Release is the idea that test or entertainment suggestions are always removed
- Empowering question: Which area of your hypnotic knowledge is the weakest, and what are you doing to fix that?
Wacky ending: Lady Melbury brought to Completion…
Get on the waiting list for the November Architecture of Hypnosis course as we are now sold out.
Please leave a rating for the show in iTunes, and send in your questions by emailing info (at) MikeMandelHypnosis (dot) com.
Remember to check out this blog post on pre-hypnotic work.