This is the Brain Software Podcast, and it's Peart and rhymes with "beer", not "hurt".
So let's communicate, Scro!
Watch the Episode:
Introduction for Episode 195
Hey let's communicate about communication! It's gonna be awesome...
And never forget...
AND THESE ARE ALWAYS DAYS OF VICTORY OVER HERE!
We are here for you! And remember we are actually communicating right now...
Think Tank Words for This Episode
Show Notes for Episode 195
- Primacy applies in hypnosis and in human communication!
- Smile when you first meet someone!
- Ask questions and encourage people to talk about themselves...
- People love to hear the sound of their own name, but don't overuse it!
- Resist the temptation to one-up the other person. Don't be a dick!
- Don't show an unnatural interest in someone's life!
- Let the other person set the proxemics and don't crowd people!
- Turkish oil wrestling is weird...
- Use "and" instead of "but" when disagreeing...
- Spatial anchoring can move topics off the table...
- Compliment without flattering. Sincerity is the key! "The reason I say that is..."
- Communicate with the Mandel Triangle...Congruence - Confidence - Conviction. And remember to calibrate!
- Maintain and rebuild rapport when necessary...
- Apologizing sincerely can re-establish rapport!
- Give people labels that are useful...
- Offer back language without interpreting! Ask for clarification, don't rephrase!
- Let the other person speak without interrupting, unless they're in the middle of a Ken Sweatman story...
Empowering Question: Ask yourself which of these techniques you'll apply today... and how will you apply as many as possible to have a better life?
Metafive: Jomo and the birthday card
Get the free NUVI course here!
Ending: Henry Squatter and the Trail of Fire
Important Links and Reminders: