On this episode of the Brain Software Podcast Mike Mandel and Chris Thompson discuss Fear, and what you can do about it…
Watch the Episode:
Introduction for Episode 184
What’s happenin’ Pouch?
These are scary times, and we’re here to talk about fear…
Did I scare ya?
So light the Wolfman candle and let’s get started!
Time to lock and load, Scro…
THESE ARE DAYS OF VICTORY!
Think Tank Words for This Episode to stimulate creativity
Show Notes for Episode 184
- Let’s be the ME we can!
- Fear: An unpleasant and usually strong emotion tied to anticipation and awareness of danger.
- Inniswood Drive in Toronto on Google Maps…Check it out!
- Terror of the dentist is a common childhood fear…Thanks Dr Roach!
- Phobias are unreasonable fears! They often don’t make sense…
- CORRECTION! Mike used to have altocelarophobia which is not a fear of heights as he mistakenly said. It’s a fear of high ceilings.
- “The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself!” - F.D.R.
- Infants have only 2 innate fears. Sudden loud noises and fear of falling.
- Animals can have phobias too! Mischa was scared of the smell of raw lamb…
- She was also scared of a Kleenex held on the lip!
- The original Woman in Black was a really scary film…
- The Haunting from the 1960s is scary because your brain provides the special effects.
- Fear of heights is a good thing…to a point.
- Fear is used in advertising to create the fear of missing out…Operators are standing by!
- Top fears:
- Social anxieties - speaking in public (All those faces!
- Fear of heights - Acrophobia
- Fear of flying
- Fear of insects
- Fear of snakes
- Fear of dogs
- Fear of storms
- Fear of needles
Tonight on the Grassy Knoll Network: The Jack Ruby Story!
- Fear of illness - Cancer
- Jin Shin Jyutsu is awesome! Grasp the thumb to relieve anxiety…
- Panic attacks grasp the first finger!
- Grasp the fingers, thumb and centre of the palm doing Jin Shin Jyutsu before bed to sleep better. 2 minutes per spot feeling the pulse.
- 6 Step Tapping - Top of head, centre of forehead, outside corner of eye, directly under eye, under edge of the collarbone on either side, grasp wrist and say “peace”
- When doing the tapping, always take it to ZERO!
Empowering Question: Ask yourself…what am I afraid of…I mean really afraid of…and is it a rational fear…and if not…what am I willing to do…to overcome its affect on me…now..?
Metafive: Jack Doyle and the examination!
Get the free NUVI course here!
Ending: Colonel Peter Fitzwadsworth-Smythe and Frank
Important Links and Reminders:
- The agree and repeat process video training is here, and it's free.
- This is our free video course on conversational hypnosis.