Hello and welcome to the Brain Software Podcast with Chris Thompson and Mike Mandel. This is episode #173, coming to you from Toronto Canada - The Hypnotic World Epicenter! Today it's all about getting respect!
Watch the Episode:
Introduction for Episode 172
Watch yourself...watch yourself...
We suspect everyone, but we suspect no-one! We are not witches!
And whatever DID happen to that old tranquility we used to know?
We're enjoying the capsicum of the blue canopy, and...
THESE ARE DAYS OF VICTORY!!!
Think Tank Words for This Episode
Show Notes for Episode 172
- Mike had altocelarophobia, but not anymore!
- Today is all about respect and being valued.
- If we admire someone, we respect them. We can respect without admiration though!
- We all as humans need respect! Is it earned or intrinsic?
- Give respect to get respect. Respect leads to self-worth and validation.
- Giving respect to a narcissist might just feed narcissistic supply!
- Honour your first commitments! Do what you say you're going to do and be dependable! Even when it's inconvenient...
- Be aware of emotional involvement! If you get too worked up or needy you'll lose respect!
- There is a difference between being aggressive and being assertive!
- Learn to go to second and third positions when required!
- Radiate congruence in your body and your voice!
- Major in solutions, not complaints!
- We avoid people who constantly complain...
- Never use your Macbook as a coaster in front of your friends!
- Listen to other people and ask clarifying questions! Don't presume you know what the other person means...
- Irrelevance will not command respect!
Special Report! There has been another Gus Grissom sighting! The Virgil "Gus" Grissom Saga continues...
- Take up space! It makes you seem powerful and respect-worthy! Even if you're walking...
- Check this out our personal growth membership!
- Steepling sends a message that you are intelligent and authoritative!
- Keep your thumbs out of your pockets! Hands in and thumbs out...
- Blade the hand and step in to seize control again! Especially if the person drifts...
Ask yourself why anyone should respect you, based on who you are...and what you've done...and what you will do...
Metafive: 1966 the year of the Pixie
Ending: I bet I can make you laugh...