Hello and welcome to the Brain Software Podcast. This is episode #166 where Mike Mandel and Chris Thompson discuss the attitude of gratitude, and other ways to shape your life!
Listen to the Episode:
Introduction for Episode 166
Whether your attitude is awesome or frankly sucks, it doesn't matter! This is the psychological breathalyzer you need to succeed! This is our most Dale Carnegie podcast ever...but...
We are not witches!
THESE ARE DAYS OF VICTORY!!!
So stick around...and that...
Think Tank Words for This Episode
Show Notes for Episode 166
- If someone matters to you, tell them! Even just say "Thanks!"
- You can tell what people are like by how they treat wait staff...
- Benjamin Franklin discovered that respect precedes liking...
- Our emotions follow how we treat other people...
- Flattery is fake. Don't flatter people! Affirm them.
- Enthusiasm makes the difference! It's an underused game-changer!
- What's the good stuff in your life that you're grateful for?
- Commit to succeed! Enthusiasm is endurance of will...
- Speak without word whiskers, okay? OKAY!!!
- Don't be pedantic! It's condescending.
- Avoid affectations too. They're infuriating to others!
- Watch out for I trouble! It's narcissistic...
- Ask people about themselves!
- Stay present when someone else is speaking. Don't zone out or plan your next comment.
- Listen for tone. If it's not a debate, don't turn it into one!
- Beware of self-referencing in your answers. It's annoying!
- Let's generally put a positive spin on things, but without being weird.
- If someone's grieving, don't be Pollyanna!
- Doubt your negative conclusions about others...
- Sometimes it's just ignorance, not maliciousness...
- Gossip? Is it edifying? Is it true? Is it even necessary to repeat it?
Special Report: David Ferry from Miami Beach
- Tell new stories! When a new year begins, what new stories will you tell?
- Stop running your racket! Make your stories into powerful life-changing metaphors...
- Keep your agreements and appointments!
- Make use of your electronic calendar...
- If you screw up, immediately take responsibility!
- Honour your first commitment! Keep communication lines open!
- Use your abilities to help people!
Ask yourself: What is the one area of your life that is in greatest need of an overhaul...and what changes are you committed to make...in that area...starting today? What things can you change right away...that will yield immense benefits...to you...and to someone else?