This is the Brain Software Podcasst episode #160. Today we’ll be unpacking neurolinguistic programming, or NLP, so stay tuned to learn tons...
Listen to the Episode:
Introduction for Episode 160
It’s a rainy day in Brainville...that’s right...We’re going to have a blast learning, so let’s make it ridiculously clear: We are hoping for reconsolidation...and
THESE ARE DAYS OF VICTORY!!!
So pull up a set of headphones or AirPods and let’s get started!
Think Tank Words for This Episode
Show Notes for Episode 160
- In like Jack the booster!
- NLP is a model of models - a science of personal excellence
- Sleight of Mouth - Robert Dilts is a great book!
- It’s neurolinguistic programming, folks!
- It started in the early to mid 1970s modelling Virginia Satir, Fritz Perl’s, and Milton Erickson
- Bandler and Grinder codified and deconstructed all these things, and led to Classic NLP and John Grinder’s NLP New Code
- Here are some of the axioms or precepts that we accept as useful:
- The past does not equal the future! Things can change...
- Choice is always better than no choice...
- People are not broken! They’re doing the best they can with the resources they have...
- Your unconscious protects you so it still has somewhere to live...
- Success leaves clues...Find out their strategies and behaviours!
- Failure is only feedback! It’s just information, that’s all...
- Behind every behaviour there is a positive intention!
- The meaning of the communication is the response it elicits...So modify your communication until you get the response you want!
- We do not experience the world directly, but in our internal representations!
- The olfactory sense is the only sense that apprehends the world directly...
- We don’t react to reality, but to our internal perception of reality!
- We see the world through the lens of our VAK - Visual, Auditory and Kinesthetic
- When we change our internal representations, we’ll change our experience of the world!
- We talk about what we’re doing - and we do what we talk about!
Special Report! There has been another Gus Grissom sighting!
- George Miller - The Magic Number Seven, plus or minus Two
- Real change occurs in the unconscious mind!
- Strategies are how we do things! They’ll be internal or external and VAK
- They apply to all kinds of things; even finding your car!
- Ask people the right questions, and you can unpack their strategy
- There’s a lot more NLP stuff coming on the next podcast!
Ask yourself: How will I take solid action today...to begin to utilize my own resources...both in the interest of my own future...and those important to me...and as I do...what will I continue to notice...that becomes a useful feedback mechanism?
Cardiff University and the rowdy students
Ending: Brado up in Medford Ontario...and that.