Welcome to Episode 49 of Brain Software with Mike Mandel and Chris Thompson! We’ve got some really amazing stuff in store for you in this podcast which you will truly enjoy listening to and learning from.
Here are the show notes for this episode:
- Mike explains the Mepps Fishing Lure metaphor from Podcast 48. What is really the purpose of the Mepps Fishing Lure Story? It might not be what you think.
- There’s an interesting model about willpower that Mike discusses which states that we all have a finite amount of willpower each day. Is it possible to increase your willpower? Well, Mike’s got the answer for you. And what does the small letter T have to do with it? Mike and Chris have a thorough discussion about it.
- In September, Mike will have a weekend Graphology 101 course in Toronto downtown (Queens Park Circle) campus and slots are still open. Also, there are still some slots available for the MINDSCAPING course in June which is very useful for therapists, counselors and hypnotherapists.
- Chris asks Mike a question relating to overcoming addictions specifically involving alcoholism and smoking. Are these two different or are they the same? Mike further gives some great advice to alcoholics which involves dietary changes.
- Mike and Chris talk extensively about posthypnotic suggestions. Is there really any magic in it? Mike recalls giving a posthypnotic suggestion to an officer while working at the Ontario Police College.
- What is the difference between a posthypnotic suggestion and continuance of suggestion? And how do you make a posthypnotic suggestion useful?
Empowering Question: “What stories from your childhood inspire a state of curiosity within you and what are you going to do to explore that even further today?”
Closing metaphor: The Story of the Large Oyster
Please leave a rating for this podcast in iTunes! Go leave a rating in iTunes, and send in your questions by emailing questions (at) MikeMandelHypnosis (dot) com.