Welcome to Episode 43 of Brain Software with Mike Mandel. This must be our most sarcastic episode ever, since we spend quite a lot of time discussing some of the garbage that has been published about hypnosis over the years. If you ever wondered why hypnosis isn’t always taken seriously, just listen to some of this crap and you’ll quickly realize what the industry is still fighting to overcome.
Here are the show notes for this episode:
- Mike and Chris just wrapped up the video recording of an awesome lesson on stage hypnosis as part of the Mike Mandel Hypnosis Academy. Mike spilled his guts on how to conduct a stage show after performing about 5000 shows throughout his career (and counting).
- We spent some time talking about what we call “hypnosis garbage”. There seems to be a real lack of good quality hypnosis demonstration out there, which is the only possible way we can see some of the stuff that’s out there being considered good.
- Yes it’s true that some hypnotists actually teach you to stand behind your subject when hypnotizing them. How are you expected to calibrate? It’s idiotic.
- Another dursative failure, from our perspective, is when people take valid hypnosis skills and try to turn them into something so complicated you need all kinds of DVDs and flash cards to learn them. It’s ludicrous. Hypnosis is really not that complicated. There are a lot of marketers creating all sorts of filler information. It isn’t needed. It really isn’t.
- We discuss hypnosis scales, which are also useless. Mike brought a copy of the Aron’s Master Dept Scale into the studio, and I’ve included a photo below. This stuff is totally meaningless.
- Mike gives us a nice impromptu demo of how easy it is to make hypnosis sound casual and conversational. Chris follows up with a pretty good example of how to transition from a question to hypnotic language
Empowering Question: What are you waiting for … I mean really … what are you waiting for …and how will things change once you just get on with it. Closing metaphor: The story of the little boy and his ball of gaffer tape. Please leave a rating for this podcast in iTunes! Go leave a rating in iTunes, and send in your questions by emailing questions (at) MikeMandelHypnosis (dot) com.[audio: http://traffic.libsyn.com/brainsoftware/MMH_Podcast_43.mp3 ]