You spend a third of your life asleep! Here's how to make it better...
Watch the Episode:
Introduction for Episode 228
Yo what's happening, Bag?
Whatever happened to that laid-back 60s Allen Ginsberg kind of feeling, when we all used to know and love each other, Pouch?
WE ARE NOT WITCHES!!!
Think Tank Words for This Episode
Show Notes for Episode 228
- Mike Mandel has completed 70 trips around the sun!
- Sleep and dreams - the morpheus factor
- How do we spell contrarian? D-I-C-K
- Being deprived of sleep and dreams causes mental and physical problems
- Your brain cycles every 90 to 100 minutes in a sleep cycle
- You briefly awaken between cycles
- The human nose tells you to turn over when you're asleep
- We cycles through brainwaves, beta to alpha to theta to delta
- NREM is no rapid eye-movement. REM is near the surface of awareness
- Human Givens Theory says we discharge emotional states through REM and dreaming
- If you're deprived of dreaming, you'll start to dream when awake!
- The hypnagogic state is when you're going into sleep!
- To go to sleep, you lie there as if you're asleep and pretend you're asleep!
- Hypnagogia is related to hypnosis!
- Visual shuts off first, and auditory shuts off last...
- The hypnopompic state is when we come out of sleep
- Most hypnopompic hallucinations are visual!
- Jay F. is now Rupture Boy!
- Auditory states can bleed over into your sleep and dreams...
- "Only the beginning!" Dan Zwir in Mike's dream!
- Theta waves are creative waves!
- We need to complete sleep cycles. Alarm clocks prevent that.
- Cortisol is at its highest first thing in the morning!
- Dreams resolve emotions through metaphor
- Sleep paralysis is awful. The brain awakes but the body is shut down!
- Why did the 2 teenage girls castrate their father with a straight razor? It was April Fool's Day!
- The 6 Step Reframe can clear-up sleep paralysis...
- Nightmares are bad dreams that awaken you!
- Night terrors are fear or panic in an NRAM state with no memory of it
- Insomnia is horrible, and the worst thing is to try to fall asleep!
- Mental overstimulation can cause insomnia...
- Mike hears the RUSH song Tom Sawyer in his head!
- No caffeine after lunchtime!
- People on Death Row don't sleep well before the electric chair...
- Too much screen-time can screw up your sleep!
Special Report from Hypno North Meaford Ontario!
- The 3am wake up is horrible! Check out Nux Vomica if your doctor says it's okay...
- Reframe that wake up as an hour you've just been given!
- Chris listens to podcasts when he cannot sleep...
- Sleepwalking happens while in NRAM sleep, and is most common in kids...
- Stress can cause sleepwalking!
- Slow down before bed! No TV or computer!
- In Canada recreational cannabis is legal, and you can take it before bed
- Valerian can help some people. But not the ones it wakes up!
- Hops, skullcap and chamomile help sleep for some people...
- Make sure your room is dark and cool...
- The body temperature has to drop in order to sleep...
- Do not skimp on quality with your bed, your eyes, or your shoes!
- The sound of rain or surf can calm your mind...
- Slow down your breathing to activate the parasympathetic nervous system...
Empowering Questions: Ask yourself: What is the quality of my sleep…and what am I prepared to do…now…to improve sleep quality and duration?
Metafive: The camera stuck in my throat
Ending: Reverse Engineering
Get the free NUVI course here!
Important Links and Reminders: