Hello and welcome to the Brain Software Podcast. This is episode #152, and this is the place to be if you want to be assertive, but not aggressive. Stick around.
Listen to the Episode:
Introduction for Episode 152
Despite the strange chanting, we are still not witches! But seriously folks:
THESE ARE DAYS OF VICTORY!!!
Get ready to be awesomely assertive, no matter what comes your way...
"You can get more with a kind word and a gun, than you can get with a kind word..."
Think Tank Words for This Episode
Show Notes for Episode 152
- You'll want to watch this free video training by Mike
- The Guns n Roses Intervention premiered! (You realize that you've just described Axl Rose?) Zero context, and vagueness rules the day!
- This is the first podcast where we're actually tying the Think Tank words together...
- Assertive is confident with a forceful personality. Rapport is essential...
- Aggressive is ready or likely to attack or confront!
- Early, unnecessary aggression may be a substitute for intelligence and reason...
- When you throw a shoe into a pack of wild dogs, the one that yelps is the one you hit...
- Three Levels of Argumentation: 1. Data 2. Adrenaline trickle engages emotions 3. Adrenaline soaked emotion and stupidity
- When you hit Level 2 take a breath and slow down to avoid aggression!
- Covid 19 discussions rapidly go to Level 3!
- Keep it at Level 1 (Data) and don't back down if you're right!
- Telling the truth is not abuse!
- There are contexts when aggression is needed!
- If you are not assertive, you'll be walked on, ignored, treated badly, etc.
- Passive aggressive people drag their feet, don't pass on your message, say "I thought you meant..."
- People who cannot say NO get overwhelmed by the requests of others!
- Assertiveness is a learned trait! You can do it!
- You can be too much of a nice guy...
- Watch out for the angry smile...
- Here is The Agree and Repeat Strategy! This is dynamite, folks!
- Know your desired outcome! That's what you keep coming back to...
- "I don't shoot weddings..." Make sure you keep it simple! No complex explanation required...
- Agree in principle and direct them back to your outcome...
- Don't get thrown off your program by answering questions!
- You can use this to get what you want too, but be nice...
- Be persistent! Sometimes you just have to do it one more time to win...
Larry Gomez - The Man Who Might be French...
- Too seem powerful, move slowly and take up lots of space!
- Standing powerfully sends a signal of strength and assertion...
- Jittery nervousness never comes across as confident!
- Speak slowly, and pause before you speak!
- Less eye-contact shows power! It won't build rapport though...
- Keep those thumbs out of your pockets!
- Hands behind the back show power, just like Prince Charles!
- Steeple your fingers to seem assertive and authoritative!
- The Red Sneaker Effect! Mark Zuckerberg wears a hoodie...
- We don't need to teach aggression...and you can't make us do it!
Now that I know that assertiveness can get me further in life, what will I do today to ensure that I begin now, to model and perfect some of these techniques?
The silver Volvo and attempted murder
Freestyle chanting redux
?Important Links and Reminders:
- The agree and repeat process video training is here, and it's free.
- This is our free video course on conversational hypnosis.