How Confusion Helps in Hypnosis

Good hypnotic work happens when you de-potentiate the conscious mind. In this video, Mike Mandel explains what this means and how confusion can help.

Watch this first, then keep reading.

Confusion is a great way to bypass the person's critical faculty and cascade them deeper into trance.

You can craft questions that create confusion using the examples Mike gives you here. If you're doing hypnosis with clients, there is obviously an expectation that hypnosis is happening, so this won't come across as weird.

If you're doing hypnosis conversationally, you'll want to be clever about how you word the confusion-inducing question (without seeming to be weird), while then offering suggestions in the moment where the listener is confused.

Remember: Ecology first! Use this principle to help people.

This video comes straight out of our flagship online hypnosis training the Mike Mandel Hypnosis Academy.

Become a Hypnotist

The Mike Mandel Hypnosis Academy
Online hypnosis certification & training. Fun, packed with amazing skill-building videos for all levels. Free Trial.

?

7 Responses to How Confusion Helps in Hypnosis

1. Nancy Ward October 16, 2019 at 5:27 pm #

Haven’t worked up the courage to try hypnosis on anyone yet, but the way Mike describes it here makes it sound so easy….tempted to try this on my stressed out boss!

2. Janice Horner October 17, 2019 at 1:59 am #

Mike, you are the best I have personally seen. Your videos are so entertaining with a massive amount of information on the techniques of hypnosis. Your approach is very different from some of the hypnosis courses I have done which did not really push any buttons for me. In fact some I have to say become very boring with long induction scrips and so on.

Your unique approach is most refreshing and it makes you want to learn more.

Regards,
    Jan

• SHaHypno November 2, 2019 at 3:43 pm #

Great content!
      Thanks for sharing it.

According to you, what is the best moment to use confusion?

You suggest to use it in order to cascade it into trance, so it should be used at the very end of the pretalk.

What do you recommend before using confusion? Do you recommend some steps prior using confusion?

Thanks

• Mike Mandel November 4, 2019 at 8:02 am #

I just run with it and let my unconscious mind take over. There is no perfect timing, as it’s all context driven.

3. Jorge Rodriguez October 17, 2019 at 1:54 pm #

That’s a very interesting concept. One more for the “bag of tricks”

4. Gary November 3, 2019 at 6:54 am #

Known mike from the cne years ago cds still have now a member want to learn more i did the fingers getting closer and my wife was amazed

5. Gary November 4, 2019 at 5:55 am #

Awsome learning and great insight to things we probably never learned November 2019 I climbed aboard to be the best student i can be thank you for allowing me