Welcome to Brain Software Podcast, Episode # 129. This episode is all about verbal Jiu Jitsu
Here are the show notes:
There are all kinds of awesome things you can do…like verbal jiu jitsu! We show you how to be the controller, rather than the controlled…
The Shyzzjigg Corporation Presents: Chris Thompson and Mike Mandel!
It’s a great day, and let’s not forget!
These are days of victory!!!!!
Mike intros a man who’s table kept disappearing when the dead woman appeared in the cabin bathroom: Chris Thompson!!!
- We just wrapped up a huge and successful launch of the Fabulous Jacquin’s product! (This stuff really comes out!)
- Architecture of Hypnosis June training was awesome, with our first ever student from China!
- Mike is leaning out and will be fit and lean at HypnoThoughts Live in Las Vegas!
- Dealing with dicks and others! Sometimes it’s malicious, but not always…
THINK TANK WORDS OF THE DAY: Castle Pontoon Salad
- Dealing with caustic, toxic, and silly people!
- Some people think they’re being helpful…but they’re not.
- Weird Jim with the Kung-fu tattoos!
- Behaviour and intent…
- Sometimes you have to cut the cord…
- Some people cannot be helped, no matter what we do!
- Are they ignorant or malicious?
- Mike has matured a bit now he’s 66…
- ”You should…” is the imposition of someone else’s model on you!
- What do you mean by that? How do you know that?
- Hands off my control panel!
- No input required! No instructions necessary! (Thanks MCA!)
- Use this technique and tell us how you used it!
- Appealing to an unverifiable source…
- No pontificating! You are not speaking Ex Cathedra…
- Watch out for the ubiquitous THEY…
- Mike hates personal space violations! Close talkers…
- Edward T. Hall’s proxemics…
- If you back up, these dicks will get closer!
- “Put out the intimate fire!” – Mike Mandel
- If it’s malicious and you’ve got “the bottle” then left eye the person!
- WE ARE NOT TELLING YOU TO DO THIS! You’re on your own…
- Looking psychotic can work sometimes!
- No exit strategy can be horrible! You need to know that the point is over…
- Spatial anchoring can move the topic to the side and out of the way…
- Holding court drives Mike crazy! (But he does it too…)
- Seize the locus of the focus! Feign a heart-attack!
- Smirking disbelief! It’s truly mocking…
- Neutrinos are real, no matter what Dave thinks… Get an education!
- I just detected a topic change!
- “How did you come to that conclusion?” He who makes the assertion bears the burden of proof!
- ”Well all I know…” Limited knowledge doesn’t mean you are correct!
- Ad hominem attacks go after the person, not the evidence!
- To seem more powerful: Take up more space and move slower…
Empowering Questions: What sort of people upset me, and how will I take control back today? How will I maintain my own autonomy while resisting control?
Empowering Metafive: Cardiff Wales and the slow motion policeman
Ending: The girl who bought the saw
Please leave a rating in iTunes, and send us your questions for future episodes! You can either email them as text or record them using your phone’s voice recorder and email us the audio file! Email address is info(at)mikemandelhypnosis.com
Important Links and Reminders:
Free video course on conversational hypnosis, also contains free companion mobile app.
Come and join us at the Architecture of Hypnosis training in Toronto! We are filling up the November 18-22 class in 2019.
See all of our upcoming live events here.