Welcome to Episode 58 of Brain Software with Mike Mandel and Chris Thompson! This episode is packed with fun and useful stuff as always! Get ready to laugh as you build a better life. If you want to learn hypnosis online make sure you check out the Mike Mandel Hypnosis Academy
Here are the show notes for this episode:
- Mike is officially banned from gambling by every casino in Toronto.
- He’s also been getting insufficient sleep, which has elevated his blood pressure.
- Chris is being pushed to book the rooms in Las Vegas, where the Stormriders will be gathering this August for Hypnothoughts Live 2015.
- Mike reminds the audience that there’s still time to book a spot for MINDSCAPING training in Toronto, on June 6 and 7. This is a great modality for all therapists, counsellors, coaches, etc.
- Mike answers Sam’s email questions about the alleged psychic powers of the Amazing Kreskin. Mike traces the methodology Kreskin uses, back to the original solo mentalist, Joseph Dunninger.
- The subject turns to “table tipping”, a parlour game from the early 1900s. Mike explains how to experience this fascinating phenomenon at home, through ideo-motor response and physics.
- Can a wooden table be made to fly, with just fingers touching it? Mike says yes, and it’s a great trick that you can do too.
- Mike recommends a film, loosely based on Kreskin’s life, starring John Malkovich, but can’t recall the name. (The Great Buck Howard)
- Chris and Mike deconstruct Kreskin’s hypnotic induction, which depends on heteroaction.
- Chris inadvertently says “off of” instead of “off” or “from” and Mike jumps all over it.
- They go on to discuss the Law of Diminishing Return, and how offering too much money to a hypnotized person can backfire on the hypnotist.
- Do subjects in hypnosis shows actually see the audience naked? Yes…and no. Mike refers to polygraph studies, performed by his psychologist friend, Dr. Arthur Perlini and the legendary Nick Spanos.
- Mike references the variety of visual hallucination, and how a young Jamaican black man was transformed into Mick Jagger.
- Chris reads an email question on how is it possible for a mentalis to touch one person and have another person feel the touch. Mike responds.
- Chris accidentally uses the filler phrase “I mean…” and goes into a Porky Pig impression as a form of self-castigation. Mike recommends that Chris switches to self-castration as a stronger deterrent to filler language.
- Mike and Chris discuss the creative ways one can make an elevator pitch as to what hypnosis is.
- Mike does his new hilarious joke, and coughs on Chris’ neck, and laughs hysterically. Chris says it’s not Mike’s best work, but Mike thinks it’s so stupid, it’s actually become brilliant.
- A listener in Saudi Arabia asks about using affirmation to attract wealth. Mike and Chris deconstruct the method, and recommend the use of empowering questions and self-hypnosis.
- Caden from the US asks for NLP book recommendations. Mike gives a list of great books by Bandler and Grinder and other authors.
- The hosts remind the audience of the upcoming added Architecture of Hypnosis training in Toronto which will be June 22 to 26.
Empowering Question: How will you ensure that Chris and I never forget to do an empowering question, and how will it be implemented in your life, in a way that will be glannative and persuasive, while removing all dursative elements, so that even if things change at a more rapid rate than you had expected, you’ll still be just fine?
Closing Metaphor: Thunder Bay and the man who didn’t say anything.
Please leave a rating for the show in iTunes, and send in your questions by emailing questions (at) MikeMandelHypnosis (dot) com.[audio: http://traffic.libsyn.com/brainsoftware/MMH20Podcast2058.mp3]