Welcome to Episode 50 of Brain Software with Mike Mandel and Chris Thompson! We’ve got something special in store for you in this week’s episode filled with information and as usual, humor. So sit back, relax and enjoy a ride in the hypnotic storm.
Here are the show notes for this episode:
- We’ve got our MINDSCAPING class, the 2014 edition coming up here in Toronto on June 7th and 8th. There’s a few spots left. Our November hypnosis training will be on the week of November 3, 2014. There are only 6 spots left. So, if you are interested to join our trainings, head on over to mikemandelhypnosis.com/class.
- Mike reviews a discussion he had about Hellstromism which he used to find a certain object.
- Mike and Chris have an interesting discussion about mentalism which is a fascinating field and has a very rich history. Who is Joseph Dunninger, the Pilkington’s and Kreskin and what are their roles in the history of mentalism?
- Mike shows a great mentalism effect to amaze people which he learned from a variety performer, Bill McClure. (Hint: It’s fairly easy but you need to have guts to pull it off)
- Mike furthermore shows two tricks he knows; One is a very old trick he came up with and the other is one that he adopted. They’re both truly amazing!
- Mike talks about Logical Non Sequitur double bind which is an Ericksonian method, a tremendously powerful tool. Mike gives a few really good examples including the Mandel Taser Challenge.
- What are the three levels of argumentation?
- Most people are not logicians as Mike has emphasized and they can go through something else. What could that be?
- What is a priori argument or a priori situation? Mike shares his experience with it and how he dealt with it.
Closing metaphor: The Painting at the Art Shop
Please leave a rating for this podcast in iTunes! Go leave a rating in iTunes, and send in your questions by emailing questions (at) MikeMandelHypnosis (dot) com.