We’re back! Mike Mandel and Chris Thompson have published Session 19 of the best hypnosis podcast on the planet!
We talk about:
- Practical jokes, and Mike’s hilarious way of messing with people in his passenger seat
- A complete deconstruction of a water filter marketing tactic. This tactic, designed to sell water filters to residential home owners, makes brilliant use of Cialdini’s rules of influence and persuasion
- Having many models of the world, which gives you choice, instead of being limited by fewer ways of tackling problems. Remember the NLP maxim “choice is better than no choice”.
- Discussion of a husband and wife scenario where the husband psychologically withdraws when the wife is enjoying success in life, causing her to begin to get ill (to the point of it being chronic). Mike breaks this down in terms of how to recognize patterns and tie it to past events in life.
- You are not your patterns! The map is not the territory!
- How to do a values hierarchy exploration in your own life (and in your relationship). Remember to use “end values” when you do this rather than “means values”. Example: if you value vacations in the sun, that’s something specific. Ask yourself what that does for you and you’ll eventually arrive at the end value (perhaps it is freedom). A bodybuilder might value being muscular, but the end value may be power. Confidence is not an end value either. Confidence may give you a sense of belonging (connection to others). That would be an end value.
- Hypnobirthing, and the use of hypnosis for childbirth. We discuss how hypnosis can be used for the childbirth process, including a fascinating story from Mike. Discover how and how not to use self hypnosis for childbirth.
- Weight management and metabolic rate: Can hypnosis raise your metabolic rate? How do you even know if your metabolism is too slow, thereby causing a weight problem? This is a hot topic, and we dive right into truth versus nonsense.
- The closing metaphor is one you won’t want to miss.
There is extremely limited space left in Mike Mandels’ upcoming hypnosis training: This amazing training course runs for 5 days the week of Sept 24-28th at St Michael’s College on the University of Toronto campus. At the time of this recording we have space for exactly 4 more students. After that, you’ll have to wait until the next training (no date yet set).
Please leave a rating for this podcast in iTunes! Go leave a rating in iTunes, and send in your questions by emailing questions (at) MikeMandelHypnosis (dot) com.[audio: http://traffic.libsyn.com/brainsoftware/MMH_Podcast_19.mp3 ]