Welcome to Episode 68 of Brain Software with Mike Mandel and Chris Thompson! This is more than just a hypnosis podcast. It’s the only place on earth where you can get a good quality hypnotic rash!
Check out the show notes below and scroll down to listen to the podcast directly on this page. Keep sending us topic suggestions and show feedback. We love hearing from all of you.
Here are the show notes for this episode:
- Podcast #68 starts abruptly, with reference to Janis Joplin and Jelly Babies and Chris calling Mike to task for lack of modesty. Mike responds brilliantly by spasmodically coughing on Chris’ neck.
- MINDSCAPER Susanne Witt is in the studio as a guest on today’s program!
- Mike makes a joke about Baghdad which they decide to edit out…except they didn’t … edit it … out.
- Chris begins a preframe about how he won’t be telling a Ken Sweatman story, which immediately becomes a Ken Sweatman story about not telling a Ken Sweatman story.
- Chris broaches the MINDSCAPING subject, and that’s what this program is mostly about.
- Mike repents and says that Chris’ explanation was so brilliant and cogent that Mike wants to learn about MINDSCAPING!
- Susanne explains how Mike tested MINDSCAPING on three female therapists/Hypnobabes.
- Emails keep coming in, all about amazing MINDSCAPING results!
- Chris explains how Milton Erickson used metaphors that changed people’s lives. He compares it to MINDSCAPING and Susanne says our unconscious minds want to protect us and give us good lives.
- Mike can be heard channeling Erickson in the background and talking about sending his daughter out to buy oil for the wheelchair. Chris pretends to ignore him.
- Chris and Mike discuss how MINDSCAPING accesses a specific map for the client; large or small issue. They talk about the stuff Susanne’s worked on with clients and the sound get’s suddenly weird but sounds cool, so it is not fixed.
- MINDSCAPING works even if you have no previous experience with hypnosis. Trance just happens!
- They discuss buildings that say “Trust” and fish appearing in MINDSCAPES.
- There are 2 aspects to MINDSCAPING: Seeing the map and landscaping the map.
- Susanne talks about how she often “sees” the client’s map.
- Mike kept a forest intact to protect the owls that were nesting there.
- Chris goes into good detail about how the protocol works. MINDSCAPING involves the client!
- The therapy goes deep and resonates for days or even weeks after the session.
- The Layla example: “This $hit works!”
- Chris mentions a man who bought the online MINDSCAPING course and used it immediately to help his son, who saw a blue Swedish fish floating behind him…
- You never know what’s going to be in their map! Susanne explains working with an artist whose map was a dry riverbed. He’s now doing reproductions of Picassos!
- Chris asks about the “dry river bed” which super-literate Mike calls a “wadi”.
- Chris says “watty” and Mike corrects him.
- Creativity responds well to MINDSCAPING. Mike gives the example of a man from Neil Strauss’ Society International and how he helped him get his creativity back.
- You can do MINDSCAPING online, which becomes MINDSKYPING!
- Mike gently points out that Chris said “progress” when he meant “process”. Chris promises to be much more careful in future podcasts…
- Threshold is needed in most therapies – Something must change! It must be me! It must be NOW!
- MINDSCAPING can be used to push people toward threshold. Chris explains and Susanne takes the easy way out, because she’s “intimidated” by Mike and to a much lesser extent, Chris. Mike goes into a tirade about his great vigour at his age, while doing the voice of an elderly man. Chris manages to reign him in.
- Mike talks about the beta testing and how Susanne ‘Scaped him. Mike explains the water, horizon and the pirate ship that’s on his desk. When rechecked later, the ship had moved out toward the gap in the horizon and everything took off…
- Chris explains how MINDSCAPES just happen without planning what will be experienced. Susanne responds with the snail story – a gift from the unconscious mind…
- NEVER explain a MINDSCAPE!!! Susan tells a Ken Sweatman story about a Skype client and how the snail image worked for her. The client caught the shift in the imagery, and changed stuff in his life. Susanne’s MINDSCAPE story changed the client’s own situation.
- Chris talks about a kid’s percentile and his difficulty to score well on an entry exam for a private school. The father bought the online MINDSCAPING training, and his first client was his son, who scored 30 percentile units higher, the very next day after the session.
- Mike explains about the Green Man and how it fit in the subject’s map.
- How weird can it get? Mike tells the golden tree story but avoids channeling Ken Sweatman, although it gets close. Waterfalls in MINDSCAPES? Look for the caves behind them…
- Mike says “We cannot let this go, without discussing the Goat Man!” Chris screams “Oh no!!!” in genuine terror. Susanne sounds quietly traumatized.
- Mike tells the story of the East Indian client and the father issues. It leads to the deserted subway station, the father’s voice, and the imaginary binoculars reveal…The Goat Man!!!
- Mike explains that it was an archetype.
- How many NLP Practitioners does it take to change a lightbulb? How many Ericksonian hypnotists? How many MINDSCAPERS?
- Chris talks about the daily use of metaphors to help people get where they want to go, and solve a lot of their own crap.
- Mike, Chris and Susanne are all available to do MINDSCAPING online! Chris makes an inadvertent inappropriate comment at exactly 30:10 of the podcast, but Mike shows admirable restraint, and says nothing…
- SusanneWitt.com is the website for Susanne, the Coach of the Unconscious Mind…
- MINDSCAPING came from many roots, including conversations with Mike’s mentor, Derek Balmer
- Mike explains the phenomenal correspondences between MINDSCAPING and graphology. Mike invokes The Goat Man again, and Susanne pleads “Stop it!”
- Come out to Hypnothoughts in Las Vegas in August! Mike will be teaching a full day of MINDSCAPING…Buy the online course and attend the live training for free, and get a discount on your Hypnothoughts ticket too!
- Check it out here: MINDSCAPING promotion for Hypnothoughts Live
- Hypnothoughts Live is awesome! Scott and Richard have done an amazing job, so come on out in August! Join the Hypnotic Storm Riders at the Irish Pub drink-off at the Orleans Hotel, Las Vegas!
- Chris mentions “The Wacky Ending” but Mike chides him for talking about it! Chris says he’s the marketer so Mike drops it, knowing that Chris is generally correct in these matters.
Empowering Question: This is one of the strangest empowering questions yet, and it’s way too complex to write down. Mike goes into a “weird spin” and tells Chris he’s “just cut the throat of a man your age…”
Metaphor: Life is a metaphor…so stop looking for one here!
Ending: The Jenny Song
Please leave a rating in iTunes, and send in your questions by email to info(at)mikemandelhypnosis.com
Listen to the Podcast Here: