Welcome to Episode 67 of Brain Software with Mike Mandel and Chris Thompson! This is more than just a hypnosis podcast. The Hypnotic Storm is spreading like a rash, and you’re infected!
Check out the show notes below and scroll down to listen to the podcast directly on this page. Keep sending us topic suggestions and show feedback. We love hearing from all of you.
Here are the show notes for this episode:
- The podcast begins with the usual stupidity, with Mike doing guinea pig laughs over Chris’ intro, and then yelling “Hurrah!” for no apparent reason.
- A new way to vaguely confuse and sexually stress people by asking them to invest in you!
- Mike admits he’s pathologically ontime, as are all Enneagram Eights, and does love Oregon Pinot Noir, as well as the Washington State offering.
- They discuss Mike’s near crash enroute to Hypno East because of a guy texting.
- Toronto isn’t a backwater! 16 lanes of highway prove it!
- Mike uses a badge and yells that he’s not a cop to gain the advantage over idiots.
- Come out to Hypnothoughts in Las Vegas in August! Mike will be teaching a full day of MINDSCAPING…Buy the online course and attend the live training for free, and get a discount on your Hypnothoughts ticket too!
- Check it out here: MINDSCAPING promotion for Hypnothoughts Live.
- Chris goes well beyond the requisite explanation and it all gets dangerously close to a Ken Sweatman story, and draws Mike into the explanation of what MINDSCAPING is and how it works.
- Chris and Mike discuss cold-reading, and the confirmation bias, the worst of this being Kripkean Dogmatism.
- Mike tells how in Newfoundland on a documentary shoot he convinced 2 observers that he’d never gotten up off a couch, which made the appearance of a selected card in a card-case across the room near miraculous.
- Events are reconstructed after the fact, which makes cold-reading seem real. People tend to remember only what fits their confirmation bias.
- Mike demonstrates the method on Chris, using his tan as an example.
- Mike advises to Google the Classic Reading! It fits most people.
- Chris brilliantly cold-reads that Mike hasn’t done the Classic reading recently.
- Mike says “Your sexual adjustment has caused you some difficulties…” and isn’t kidding!
- Cold readers make broad statements, and their dupes make specific applications of the material.
- Graphology is far more effective than cold-reading because you’ll be correct! Mike has been a certified handwriting expert since 1993. He provides forensic graphology and college lectures.
- Check out Mike’s online graphology course!
- You can see a cool video here: Introduction to Graphology and there’s over 7 hours of awesome training for you in the online course.
- A question comes in about rapid inductions and PGO spikes. Chris sends listeners to the rapid induction video on the blog at mikemandelhynosis.com
- Family members can be your worst subjects…at first, anyway.
- Mike tells how his student Mohammed hypnotised his father after one day of training.
- Chris explains the use of the startle effect and the PGO spike.
- Confusion means the brain looks for resolution.
- Chris starts to explain and begins channeling Ken Sweatman.
- Mike quickly takes control of the conversation and explains the need for rapport.
- They discuss a hilariously inept video from a hypnosis trainer that “drips with ridiculosity”.
- Mike’s REM induction fires a PGO spike, but the subject doesn’t know when it will happen.
- Chris mentions hiccups and startling the sufferer. Mike feigns interest.
- The startle must be powerful! Mike recommends Gil Boyne’s brilliant videos.
- Mike applauds Chris’ use of the Jerry Intervention, or: Seizing the power via confusion.
- Chris tells how he psychologically decimated the man for using sweeping generalizations and straw man arguments.
- Chris says that the man was an idiot, and Mike can be heard in the background, quietly chanting “Dick?…Dick?…” Chris continues speaking as Mike laughs. Chris thinks that Mike was laughing at Chris’ brilliance, but Mike is actually laughing at the way he kept chanting “Dick?…and wasn’t actually paying attention to anything Chris was saying.
- Chris explains how he actually used the Jerry Intervention, and says “This was textbook Jerry Intervention” and Mike laughs until he coughs and injures something.
- I think you know! is discussed.
- It all drips with portent and confusion. Who the hell is Jerry?!?
- Jerry was SO right about you! It’s now becoming a Ken Sweatman story.
- Life should be effortless, enjoyable and vaguely annoying to other people!
- Mike tells you how to do 3 really cool practical jokes while driving, and you do them at your own risk, and assume all responsibility for the results.
- Remember: We are NOT responsible. At all. For anything. Ever.
- Mike tells how brilliant stage hypnotist Michael C. Anthony got him with the first of these practical jokes. Stomp on the accelerator and try to make it through the light. (Unless you’re in Chris’ Tesla, in which case you will make the light.)
- The second joke involves a horrific sharp turn and the relieved laughter when the car doesn’t roll and then burst into a fireball.
- The third joke is the best! Nothing like surviving a car crash…Stupid, but brilliant! (We aren’t telling you to do this, so don’t.)
Empowering Question: What is it going to take for you to apply these empowering questions for your life…and how soon are you going to do it?
Metaphor: Mike’s mentor, the late Derek Balmer and the parking meter…
Ending: The brilliant song writing of Heinrich Dieter: Aufnahmevermogen aufmerksamkeitsverteilung!
Please leave a rating in iTunes, and send in your questions by email to info(at)mikemandelhypnosis.com
Remember to check out this blogpost on pre-hypnotic work.
Listen to the Podcast Here: